Which combination likely created SETH ROGEN?

January 25, 2009

A Few of My Favorite Things (Part 1)

In an effort to update my blog more regularly (so that my aversion to newfangled technology isn't quite as obvious), I will give a weekly roundup of the things in life that make snow piles taller than me and below-freezing "highs" worth it.

This week, we have:

1) Novak Djokovic, "Nole," who beat Marcos Baghdatis this morning to proceed to the Quarterfinal of the Australian Open. What a Serbian fox.





2) Petsi Pies, a shop down the road from me that sells nothing but PIE. Savory, sweet, you name it. And for the swearing in of Barack Obama, they had inauguration day pies, filled with mixed berries and, I'm guessing, a little hope and a little change. Proceeds donated to Amnesty International

Have a "peace" of my pie


3) Thanks to the New York Times' excellent reporting, I have an exciting travel destination in mind for my next vacation. That's right--CRAPSTONE, England.


4) The Atlanta Hawks are currently #2 in the Southeast. Paul Pierce is scared.




5) On Thursday night, I got to meet Bob Herbert, who was interviewing Gwen Ifill about her new book at the JFK Library. While that basically amounted to me mumbling something ridiculous as I tremblingly shook his hand, it was encouraging to see how gracious and, well, non-frightened he was in the face of an overly enthusiastic fan. He mentioned the event here (though for some reason, our encounter was omitted... can't imagine why).

HERBERT ROCKS IT ON OUT!

1 comment:

J.A.G. said...

Soon, I want to plan a trip out your way for some pie! Have they any priest?