Which combination likely created SETH ROGEN?

January 28, 2009

Farewell Bill Kristol, Hello Sunshine

The New York Times finally fired their own personal Sean-Hannity-with-a-comb-over, Bill Kristol. And as I was looking back on all the glittering gems of wisdom this man turned out week after week, I had to wonder... how on earth could the NYT have been so short-sighted? Don't they know what they're throwing AWAY?

I mean, who couldn't love this toad-like face?


And how about all of that insight into things like putting the right in right-wing? Anyone? Eh?

So, to honor the departing starlet, I thought I'd share this excerpt from an utterly insightful piece about... well, I forget. Because it was overshadowed by this poisonous, random rant about MAYA ANGELOU.

I know why the caged turd sings, Bill. Because Harvard gave you a PhD. in self-righteous nonsense!

"Obama has selected Yale’s Elizabeth Alexander to compose and read a poem. I still remember watching Maya Angelou read “On the Pulse of Morning” at Bill Clinton’s inauguration in 1993 — and thinking that American culture really was in a state of irreversible decline, as she indulged in that multicultural cataloguing of “the Asian, the Hispanic, the Jew, / The African and Native American, the Sioux, / The Catholic, the Muslim, the French, the Greek, / The Irish, the Rabbi, the Priest, the Sheikh, / The Gay, the Straight, the Preacher, / The privileged, the homeless, the teacher.”

I’ve looked at some of Alexander’s poetry, and am confident she’ll be a big improvement on Angelou. It makes me think our culture isn’t necessarily getting worse. It may even be getting better."
-12.28.08

Yes, Bill Kristol, things are getting better. Better indeed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I know why the caged turd sings, Bill."

You are an American Hero. Did they fire him or did his contract run out?